East Rock Community Magnet School
Grade Levels: Pre-K- 8
School Population: approx. 550
Hours: 7:55 AM to 2:10 PM
Click here to visit the Inter District web site!
Our Mission Statement
A Community Magnet School that is dedicated to increasing the students’ awareness of their responsibilities to the community. East Rock Community Magnet School seeks to ensure that all children have the opportunity to succeed academically while striving to reach their fullest potential as independent thinkers. Teachers are committed to creating learning experiences that will assist students in achieving their greatest potential while adapting to a diverse school community and an ever-changing world.
- Service learning opportunities, such as peer tutoring, peer mediation, Helping Hands and Best Buddies.
- School Development Program (Comer), which focuses on child development and theory and collaborative decision-making
- ESL - English as a Second Language program
- Spanish instruction in grades 6-8
- PBIS - Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
- Squash Haven
- Student Government
- Instrumental Music Instruction
- State-of-the-art Library Media Center
- Computer Lab and laptop carts
- ENO Smartboards in every classroom
East Rock's Education Partners:
- Yale TIES Tutors
- Community Mediation, Inc.
- Vh1 Save the Music
- Girl Scouts of America
- SCSU Professional Development Schools Network
- Yale School Development Program
- Yale New Haven Teachers Institute