Grade Levels: Pre K- 8
School Population: approx. 470
Hours: 9:15 AM to 3:30 PM
Click to visit the school's website: http://davisstreetschool.weebly.com/
Click here to visit the Inter District web site!
Our Mission Statement
Davis Academy for Arts and Design Innovation Magnet School develops reflective programs that foster a child’s ethical, psycho-social, physical and intellectual development through explicit instruction and collaboration within a professional learning community. The school nurtures a student’s capacity to think strategically and critically in preparation for leadership and optimal success in our global society. Together, as a collective community of leaders, we strive to deepen our commitment to social values such as kindness, responsibility and respect for others.
You Should Know:
- Schools of the 21st Century Program -Quality Before and After-School Programs -Strong Parental Support and Involvement
- School Development Program -A Focus on Child Development Theory -School-Wide Planning and Decision Making
- University / Community Partnerships -Yale University, School Development Program -Yale, School of the 21st Century Program
- All-Day Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten Classes
- "Integrated Day" Curriculum Model of Instruction -Science & Social Studies-based Thematic Units -22 Student Average Class Size -Critical & Creative Thinking Skills
- Instrumental Music Instruction/Drama
- Library Power School / Multimedia Library Center
- Computer Learning Centers -Library Media Center for Research -Classroom Centers: Publishing of Student Writing, Computer Assisted Instruction