Working Page Request Form

  • Greetings!

    Congratulations on your new job! This is exciting news. Someone will be in contact with you shortly regarding your working papers. You may also contact our office at 475-220-1430.


    How Does a New Haven resident/student obtain Working Papers?

    To have working papers issued by the Office of School Choice & Enrollment, the minor child must have an official Promise of Employment letter. The Promise of Employment letter must detail the minor’s legal name, the rate of pay, hours and a specific list of tasks she will be performing and be on the company’s letterhead. This is typically provided to the minor child upon being offered a job.


    Handling of Working Papers

    1. The parent or the minor child must email the Promise of Employment letter along with proof of age (if the child is not currently enrolled in a New Haven Public School) to or compelte the WORKING PERMIT RQUEST FORM.
    2. Once received the Office of School Choice & Enrollment will process the signed and stamped working paper to the parent or minor child. This should be presented to the employer for record keeping and compliance. We typically will have the working paper processed and available within 24 to 48 hours.
    3. A staff member from the Office of School Choice & Enrollment will contact the students once the working papers are complete and ready for pick-up at the Office of School Choice & Enrollment (54 Meadow Street, 1st Floor, New Haven, CT 06519)