Bully Prevention Month
Happy Bullying Prevention Month!
This prevention ties in directly to our SEL focus for the first two months of school-developing positive relationship skills.
Below please find some helpful tools to share with your staff for their use this month and/or throughout the year.
Also, the first edition of the SEL newsletter is available. Please take a look!
*Stay tuned for more resources to address all 5 standards- relationship development, social awareness, self-awareness, responsible decision making, self-management.
- Create a school wide Pledge board
- Classroom Door Decoration Contest:
- Bulletin Boards:
- Smile at someone
- Create a thank you card and deliver it to that person today
- Invite someone new to sit with you at lunch
- Let your friend choose the activity you do at recess today.
- Help someone with something before they ask you
- Hold town meeting / Assembly to let students know they are not alone.
- Have each student state a pledge and sign a pledge. Have adults create and state a pledge.
- I will speak up
- I will take a stand when I see kids humiliating or hurting each other.
- I will talk about bullying with my friends and the adults in my life, so everyone knows I think it's wrong.
- I will advocate
- I will stick up for others who might be in need of my help, and not just my closest friends.
- I will be a role model
- I will not use my phone or computer to spread rumors
- Bullying Pledge
- Play songs that promote kindness and compassion:
- count on Me: Bruno Mars
- Lean on Me: Bill weathers
- I’ll Stand by You : The Pretenders
- Fight song: Rachel Platten
- Brave: Sarah Bareillis
- Hall of Fame: Script
- Keep your Head up: Andy Grammar
- Wear a specific Orange day: Invite all students to wear the same color shirt for bully prevention on a particular day
- Host a book study week reading individually or as a group reviewing bullying books
- Write a song, poem or rap about bully prevention,
- Create paper chains for the entire school with words that promote the opposite of bullying put them together and lay them out across the school to show students how the love and kindness can spread from floor to floor, poster contest,
- Unity Banner
- Buddy up older students with younger students: Have the older students create an activity related to being kind to complete with their buddies
Younger grades K-6th: videos, books and various resources
- 10 Free Bullying Prevention Resources - Confident Counselors
- 10 Free Bullying Prevention Resources. October is Bullying Prevention Month, which means many counselors will be searching for resources to help bring awareness to bullying.