Important survey regarding the 4th quarter and final grades.Dear New Haven Public Schools Family,
The COVID-19 school closure is requiring us to re-examine our grading policy for Quarter 4 and the overall final grades for the 2019-2020 academic year. Your input is needed to inform the Board of Education as to whether or not any policy changes are necessary. Please take a moment to complete this brief survey below by noon on Friday, May 1, 2020.Thank you for your interest and taking the time to complete this survey.Best regards,Keisha Redd-HannansAssistant Superintendent for Instructional Leadership
New Haven Public Schools are constantly growing and developing!
Out of the 44 New Haven Public Schools, there are:
- 1 Early Learning Center
- 31 PreK-8, Elementary & Middle Schools
- 9 High Schools
- 2 Transitional Schools/Programs
- 1 Adult & Continuing Education Center
NHPS is also home to the largest magnet program in Connecticut!
- 7,325 students attend the 20 different magnet schools in our district
- Nearly 3,000 of the students attending magnet schools are from suburban towns which means that NHPS have the highest suburban enrollment in magnet schools in Connecticut
- An additional 7,000 students applied for the magnet program this year
In the 2013- 14 school year, NHPS served more than 3,000 preschool children through Head Start, School Readiness and Pre-K magnet school programs!